Why Choose VerTech?
We work with homeowners to create the landscape they want, not the one that we may prefer. This means listening to the customer first, then adding our ideas and giving suggestions before creating the design for their review and approval.
Our principals set us apart from other landscape contractors:
- We focus on details and wants to do every job the right way, paying close attention to many aspects of a landscape that other landscapers often do not:
- making sure of positive grades away from foundations for good drainage.
- correct backfilling of all trenches & holes so that sink holes don’t show up later on.
- quality soil preparation for lawns, trees & shrubs, and planting beds because preparation after the fact is more difficult and less effective.
- on extra hard or rocky soil we often scarify the soil before tilling.
- quality final raking prior to laying sod for a smooth lawn.
- assuring that work is level, flat, straight and to grade like it should be. This includes sprinkler controllers, lighting transformers, valve boxes, safety steel edging, sprinkler heads, trees, etc.
- Our crew members really are exceptional, and like to do work the right way. They are extremely efficient, keep a clean and organized job site, and are always courteous and respectful.
- Once we start a job, our goal is to work the job until is completely finished. We recognize how frustrating this can be for the homeowner when the jobs drag on.
- We always do a thorough walk-through of the job prior to collecting payment (unless partial payments have been previously agreed upon). We go over the sprinkler controller and watering schedules; winterization of sprinklers & water features; care and maintenance of their new landscape; and the sprinkler and landscape warranty.
- We’re always there when the homeowner needs us: whether it be for service or warranty work; questions about caring for their landscape; phone support for programming of controllers; or a quote for additional work.
Owner, Bret Dornon is Certified Colorado Nursery Professional #399 with the Colorado Nursery & Greenhouse Association; Nationally Certified Irrigation Contractor with Irrigation Association; and a Certified Paver Installer with Borgert Technical School. He uses this expertise in all facets of the job, everything from techniques for planting and soil preparation to planning watering schedules and tree/shrub/perennial selection for each particular location and application.